Who Are We?
Travelution Holidays Sdn Bhd is committed to the protection of your Personal Data as a high priority matter. Our website address is: https://travelution.com.my. This Privacy Statement explains the general terms on how we protect the privacy of your Personal Data under the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from you or from third parties may include (but not limited to):
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Home / Billing Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email Address
- Passport Information
- Identity Card Information
We also may request the following information (but not limited to):
- Airline preference
- Seating preference
- Hotel preference
- Room preference
- Car preference
- Frequent Flyer or loyalty program number
- Dietary requirement
- Health issues relevant to your travel arrangements
You may choose not to provide the information to us but some general information about you is required to purchase products or services, complete a traveler profile, participate in a survey, competition, or promotion, ask us a question, or initiate other transaction with us.
Travel Companion Information
When you make a reservation for someone else, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through you.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
- When making an enquiry with us
- When making a reservation with us
- Via any online sites owned and managed by Travelution Holidays
- Under any contractual agreement or arrangement
- Via a third party, i.e. travel agents, travel aggregators, online portals…etc.
Some of the other ways we may collect Personal Data also include (but is not limited to):
- Via telephone, chat, email, and messaging service (WhatsApp, etc).
- When you visit our website
- When you contact us in person
- When we contact you in person
- When we collect information about you from third parties.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information about you for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you request
- To make and complete your travel reservations
- To provide you with travel confirmation and updates
- To manage your traveler profile
- Processing bills and provide travel notifications
- To communicate with you in general
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To allow us to contact you for customer service
- To measure interest and improve our products, services, and website
- To notify you about exclusive offers and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you
- To customize your experience on our website
- To reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- To enforce our terms and conditions
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your information with the following entities for the purpose of completing your travel bookings.
- Airlines (Malaysia Airlines…etc)
- Hotels (Marriott Group of Hotels…etc)
- Car Rental (Avis…etc)
- Cruise Operators (Royal Caribbean….etc)
- Ground Operators (Trafalgar…etc)
- Wholesalers (TBO Holidays….etc)
- Destination Management Companies (Kuoni….etc)
- Fulfilment Travel Agents (Expedia….etc)
These suppliers also may contact you as necessary to provide travel updates, collect additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Business Partners With Whom We May Jointly Offer Products or Services
You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
If you were referred to another website, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to this site.
We Also May Share Your Information
How You Can Correct Your Information
You can correct and update your contact information by contacting our customer support team. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your traveler profile, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. If you wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete or modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below. You may revoke your consent to the processing of your information by sending an email to the address listed below although we may continue to process some information for a limited period to meet our legal or regulatory obligations or to meet our legitimate business needs. Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make travel bookings. You also can add, correct, or update information and close your account as described above. You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Cookies And Other Web Technologies
We automatically collect some information about you and your computer when you visit our website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed, and purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Once you sign in as a member, we record the Member ID and the name on the member account in the cookie file on your computer. Your Member ID, password, and the name on your member account is stored in the cookie file as encrypted data, so no one can view the information it contains by obtaining unauthorized access to your computer. Permanent cookie files remain on your computer’s hard drive until you manually delete the file.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident making travel arrangements with us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. We employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How You Can Contact Us